Establishment of NATCO
The Northern Areas Transport Corporation was established in 1974 under Companies Act 1913 with the registered office at Lahore to provide road transport system to the people of Northern Areas including Chitral. In 1976 the registered office was transferred from Lahore to Islamabad with its Head Office at Rawalpindi. After establishment of the office of the Registrar Joint Stock Companies at Gilgit, NATCO was voluntarily dissolved in accordance with the provisions of Companies Ordinance 1984, as per orders of the Government and Board of Directors. Accordingly it was registered with Registrar Joint Stock Companies Gilgit on 23rd February, 1989 under the Companies Ordinance 1984. Since then the NATCO is functioning under the direct control of the Chief Secretary, Gilgit-Baltistan.
Message By Managing Director
Serving the people of Gilgit-Baltistan in particular and Pakistan in general; in reliable transport sector (both passenger and cargo), cooperative stores, filling station and hotels; with utmost devotion, transparency and sincerity.